Red Christmas Single Serve Sangria (Day Eight of the 12 Days of Jolly Giveaways!)
Red Christmas Single Serve Sangria is how I get my sangria fix, without making an entire pitcher of the stuff! Instead of dealing with hosting a party to get rid of a giant batch of sangria, you can celebrate your general fabulousness this holiday season with a festive glass of sangria just for Y-O-U. Garnished with a sugar-coated sprig of rosemary, you’ll be feeling all merry and bright with every sip.
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Cake ‘n Knife!
If I am going to be hosting a party during the holiday season, you better believe there is going to be some festive sangria in the mix.
The colors, the flavors, all of it mixes together in the SIMPLEST drink in the world and makes hosting that much easier during this somewhat overwhelming, extremely social time of year.
My go-to sangria is always my Christmas Sangria from a handful of years ago. It happens to be the most popular recipe on this site, and it’s no wonder why.
It’s easy-to-make, it’s colorful, and it’s festively garnished with fresh rosemary!
As the years have gone on, two things have happened…
1) I am not hosting as many holiday events and 2) I am getting more and more into red wine.
Now I may have made sangria when I had roommates that would help me drink it, but with the Man not loving white wine to begin with, a large batch of white wine sangria is out of the question (unless I want a nasty hangover from trying to consume it all by myself…).
SO, I decided it was high time to not only get my sangria fix without making a GIANT batch, and also incorporating red wine!
Taking a queue from my Christmas Sangria, I brought out the rosemary once again, but this time with a frosted look from the easy peasy sugar coating.
The fresh fruit, cinnamon, and brandy with the red wine makes this a bold and hearty sangria that is perfect for curling up under the Christmas tree with. It’s perfect to make for yourself, you and your boo, or you and your BFF for a gal’s/guy’s night in.
Plus, when you put anything in pretty little Christmas tree adorned glasses, everything tastes that much more amazing… Right?
As many of you know, it’s the 12 Days of Jolly Giveaways and we are in the second half of the giveaway madness! Today is Day #8 and with this single serve sangria in mind, I wanted to give you something festive to enjoy it with.
I am going to be giving away a set of 4 of these Christmas Tree Stemless Wine Glasses that I am oh-so obsessed with! They are adorable and even have different leaf patterns so you will always know which glass is yours. Enter below the recipe!
Also, don’t forget to check out the other holiday recipes I’ve shared for the 12 Days of Jolly Giveaways (AND make sure to enter Day 7’s giveaway because it’s still open!)!
Day One – Red Wine Slow Cooker Short Rib Ragu
Day Two – Gingerbread Challah Bread
Day Three – Mini Beef Wellingtons
Day Four – Bourbon Gingerbread Punch
Day Six – Head Country BBQ Prize Pack
Day Eight – Red Christmas Single Serve Sangria
This Recipe’s Must Haves
- Organic Bamboo Cutting Board
- Shun Classic 8-Inch Chef’s Knife
- 18″ Extra Long Cocktail Mixing Glass Spoon
- OXO Good Grips 4-Piece Mini Measuring Beaker Set
Pin this Red Christmas Single Serve Sangria recipe for later!
Red Christmas Single Serve Sangria
Yield: Makes 2 glasses
Prep Time:10 minutes
Total Time:1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 slices of orange
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Divide the orange juice, red wine, and brandy evenly between two large wine glasses.
- Add a slice of orange and a cinnamon stick to each glass.
- Divide the chopped apple and cranberries evenly between the two glasses.
- Stir briefly to combine.
- Refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Add sugar to a shallow dish with a wide mouth.
- Briefly rinse rosemary sprigs under water, shaking excess water off.
- Roll the rosemary sprigs in sugar. Set aside on a clean plate until ready to garnish.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
1. Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times by following and sharing on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the information as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
2. The giveaway is open until Monday, December 18th at 11:59 p.m. CST. One winner will be chosen at random and e-mailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is approximately $30. Prizes listed above are the only ones available.
3. Open to U.S. residents over the age of 18 years old with a valid shipping address only.