White Chocolate Dipped Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
White Chocolate Dipped Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are soft, chewy and dipped in white chocolate with just the right zing of peppermint to get you in the holiday mood. Trust me when I say, there won’t be any left for Santa to gobble up!
Disclosure: I received free product and compensation from Bob’s Red Mill as part of this post. As always, all opinions and recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Cake ‘n Knife!
When it comes to holiday baking, nothing is better than baking up dozens of cookies.
It doesn’t matter if you are baking with friends and family, or simply spending an afternoon baking by yourself in the kitchen while having a dance party with your dogs (not like that happens over here or anything…) – baking up cookies during the holiday season is my favorite way to infuse my day with extra holiday cheer.
This year I wanted to make a batch of really chewy and extra chocolatey cookies.
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Cake ‘n Knife!
Then as I was walking down the aisles at the grocery store, I saw this HUGE display of candy canes.
I knew at that moment, these chewy, soft cookies needed a little zing of peppermint to make them even more Christmas-y.
Peppermint and chocolate are such a natural combination of flavors this time of year, but getting them into the perfect cookie is SO much better than all that peppermint chocolate bark or chocolate dipped candy canes, you know?
Have a baker in your life you want to shop for? Here’s my baking favorites gift guide!
The chewy texture of these cookies was the most important element for me. I wanted them to melt in my mouth with every bite, so I used Bob’s Red Mill Organic All Purpose Unbleached White Flour. Not only is this incredible flour milled from high quality wheat, but it also naturally helps the cookies get all big and fluffy. That fluffy texture is what makes these cookies truly indulgent.
You will literally want to melt into a stack of them. I kid you not.
Bob’s Red Mill is 100% my go-to source for flour and all my other baking needs this time of year. That’s exactly why I am partnering up with Bob’s Red Mill to bring you Day SEVEN (ahhh how are we already more than halfway through?!) of my 12 Days of Jolly Giveaways!
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
Today I am giving away an INCREDIBLE baking package from Bob’s Red Mill. It’s everything you need to start 2018 with the best ingredients for all of your New Year’s baking resolutions! Included in the prize pack are:
- Organic All-Purpose Flour
- Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- Almond Flour
- Cane Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Organic Regular Rolled Oats
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Bob Bobblehead
Scroll on down past the recipe for the giveaway rules and to enter to win. ?
PLUS don’t forget to check out previous posts! Be sure to head over to my Instagram too so you can enter the Head Country BBQ giveaway I have going on 🙂
Day One – Red Wine Slow Cooker Short Rib Ragu
Day Two – Gingerbread Challah Bread
Day Three – Mini Beef Wellingtons
Day Four – Bourbon Gingerbread Punch
Day Six – Head Country BBQ Prize Pack
This Recipe’s Must Haves
- KitchenAid Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer
- Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet
- Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set
Pin this White Chocolate Dipped Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies recipe for later!
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic All Purpose Unbleached White Flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temp
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 4-5 candy canes, crushed
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter for 1 minute on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add sugars and beat on medium high until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and peppermint extract until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, beating slowly until combined. Add milk, beating until combined well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill the dough for 3 hours. You can also chill the dough overnight if you want!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Form approximately 2 Tbsp of dough at a time into balls. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes until baked on the edges but still soft in the center. Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheets. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cool, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each, until melted.
- Dip the cookies halfway into the melted white chocolate. Place on parchment paper and sprinkle the white chocolate with crushed candy canes. Let rest in a cool place until set, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.