Roasted Cranberry Goat Cheese Crostini is a simple, festive appetizer everyone will swoon over! The mixture of textures and flavors works from Thanksgiving all the way through New Year’s Eve. Plus it’s a fantastic recipe to make ahead of time or to bring over for potlucks! Serves 8.
Crostini is one of the most versatile appetizers, and that’s why I love to bust it out for the holiday season!
I mean, it’s toasted bread and toppings. Unless you are planning on getting insane with the latter, it’s a pretty easy recipe to whip up for any gathering you have coming up.
This time I wanted to have a recipe that would last all the way through the holiday season – straight from Thanksgiving all the way through New Year’s Eve!
Confession: cranberries are my favorite dish on the Thanksgiving table… I know there are a lot of cranberry sauce haters out there, but it’s the best thing ever. Don’t come for me in the comments. You can’t change my mind.
Naturally, I want to get more cranberries into my holiday eating, so these roasted cranberry goat cheese crostini popped into my brain. The roasted cranberries are tangy and sweet, which is the perfect pairing for the creamy goat cheese. With the toasted bread to provide some texture, it’s the appetizer of the season!
Other yummy crostini recipes: Roasted Grape & Balsamic Crostini | Avocado Goat Cheese Crostini | Avocado Bruschetta
this recipe’s must-haves
For this recipe, you’ll need a bread knife to slice the baguette.
To mix together the cranberries, I use the metal mixing bowls.
let’s make delish roasted goat cheese crostini!
Prepare the Cranberries & Bread
In a bowl, stir together the cranberries with balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Spread out on a lined baking sheet and set aside.
Add the bread slices to a separate lined baking sheet in a single layer. Brush with olive oil.
Toast & Roast
Add both baking sheets to the oven preheated to 425˚F. Roast for 5 minutes, stir the cranberries and flip the bread slices.
Roast for another 5 to 6 minutes. Stir the cranberries again. If the bread is toasted, remove from oven, otherwise keep it in the oven until golden brown.
Roast for a final 4 to 6 minutes. The cranberries should be burst. Remove from oven. Stir thyme into the cranberries.
To assemble, spread each toasted bread slice with 2 to 3 teaspoons goat cheese. Top with a spoonful of the cranberries. Garnish with thyme leaves and serve.
Need some more inspiration for appetizers? Check out my appetizer recipes page!
can this be made ahead of time?
This recipe is ideal for making ahead of time. To prep it, simply roast the cranberries as instructed, cool the mixture and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You can warm the cranberries in the microwave before serving. I like to slice and toast the bread slices just before serving. Then you can assemble up to 2 hours before your event.
If you are looking for another goat cheese inspired appetizer, these cheese bites with heirloom tomatoes and whipped goat cheese are not to be missed.
Don’t forget to pair it with a delicious, light, and bubbly chambord and champagne cocktail!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 french baguette, sliced thin
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp thyme leaves
- 6 oz goat cheese, room temperature
- Garnish: fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Brush the bread slices with olive oil and place on the baking sheet. Set aside.
- Add cranberries, balsamic, and maple syrup to a bowl. Stir to combine and spread out on the second prepared baking sheet.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven. Roast for 5 minutes, then stir the cranberries and flip the bread slices.
- Return to the oven to roast for another 5 miuntes. Stir the cranberries again. If the bread is golden, remove from the oven. Otherwise return to the oven with the cranberries.
- Roast for another 5 minutes until cranberries are burst and bread is golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Add thyme to the cranberries and stir to combine.
- Top each baguette slice with 2 to 3 teaspoons goat cheese and a spoonful of cranberries. Garnish with thyme leaves.
- Serve immediately.
The roasted cranberries can be prepared up to 5 days in advance. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2 crostini
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 344mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 9g