Recovery Recipe: Pasta with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Creamy Lemon-Yogurt Sauce
So guess what I am doing right now as I write this post? I am lying on the couch with my right foot elevated because I sprained my ankle.
How did I inflict this pain upon myself? Here comes the worst part…
I HAVE NO IDEA.
Somehow I woke up with a swollen ankle on Monday. Tuesday I fell (no, I will not tell you how… ok I might have fallen up the stairs… seriously what is happening to me?!) and then my cute sweet 50 lb puppy sat on my ankle in the middle of the night thus causing my inability to walk.
Yay for me…
Unfortunately this whole not walking thing and the fact that crutches are extremely difficult to work with in the kitchen means my ability to cook is somewhat limited.
Somehow I managed to pull it together long enough to make the sauce for this dish but it was my oh-so-amazing hubby who did all the actual cooking.
By the way, the sauce is soooo delicious. No I am not just saying that because that was the only thing I made. The Greek yogurt and lemon add a depth and sweet tangy flavor that is perfect for summer. YUM.
But seriously have I told you how awesome my hubby has been during this whole ridiculousness? Aside from him rolling his eyes at my pathetic whimpering….
You have no idea how much you love someone until you see them pull a chair into the kitchen for you just so you can watch the dish be made so you blog about it later. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have a hubby who supports my obsessions 🙂
I am a little doped up right now so I am going to stop rambling.
Pasta with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Creamy Lemon-Yogurt Sauce
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 oz penne
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook about 9 minutes, or according to the package directions. Remove 1/4 cup of the cooking water, and set it aside. Drain the pasta. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, Parmesan, lemon zest, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, and cook just until wilted, flipping them over occasionally with a spatula. (The zucchini will be soft and somewhat see-through.)
- Use a spoon or spatula to push the zucchini aside so a space on the bottom of the pan is clear. Add the garlic, and cook for 15 to 30 seconds, until golden but not really brown.
- Mix the garlic into the zucchini.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the zucchini mixture to the yogurt mixture, and stir to combine. Add the drained linguine, and toss gently to combine. Add the reserved pasta cooking water a tablespoon at a time, if necessary, to thin it. Divide among four bowls and serve.