Jameson and Ginger
A Jameson and Ginger cocktail is pure perfection in its simplicity. The smooth Irish whiskey, a ting of lime juice and the bite of ginger ale all come together in this gorgeous glass. It’s doesn’t get any easier than this!
I am taking you all back to Ireland with me on this post again!
When I was in Dublin, I hit the Jameson distillery and that is where I tasted my first Jameson and Ginger.
At the end of the tour of the distillery the options for tasting are either straight-up or with ginger ale.
Since I’ve put Jameson shots behind me these days, I had to go with the ginger ale concoction.
Now, I have always been a Jameson fan, maybe too much of a fan back in my early bar hopping days when my boyfriend at the time would drink it like water.
Thankfully Jameson and I are on much better terms now, especially since my discovery of this cocktail.
Who knew Jameson and ginger ale made such lovely partners?
If I could drink anything on St. Patrick’s Day, it would definitely be this cocktail.
The crisp ginger ale is the perfect soothing note immediately following the woody and nutty Jameson whiskey.
I have trouble stopping with just one.
I might be sipping on one as I write this post…
Don’t worry, not early in the morning when this post actually goes live…
Really, these cocktails are dangerously drinkable…
This Recipe’s Must Haves
- Paksh Italian Highball Glasses are a beautiful glass to serve this simple cocktail in!
- Hiware 12 Inches Stainless Steel Mixing Spoon to bring the cocktail all together.
- I love garnishing my Jameson and Ginger with some of Trader Joe’s Crystallized Candied Ginger – it’s a fun little addition to the glass and a great finishing bite of refreshing ginger.
Pin this Jameson and Ginger recipe for later!
- 2 oz Jameson whiskey
- 3 oz ginger ale
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- Candied ginger for garnish
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Add in Jameson, ginger ale, and lime juice.
- Stir with a long spoon to combine.
- Garnish with a piece of candied ginger.