Pan Fried Curry Ricotta Gnocchi in Chile Lime Brown Butter Sauce is going to expand your mind into a whole new world of flavor. The deep and savory flavors in the easy-to-make gnocchi pair perfectly with a rich and spicy brown butter sauce. It’s weeknight pasta night, done right!
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
I know I should probably be filling your screens with heart-shaped foods right about now, but I feel like I did enough of that last week with these cookies to cover ya.
Instead, I’m bringing you a new twist on ricotta gnocchi to make for dinner this week.
Nothing says I love you like curry and pasta, right?
One of my fav ricotta gnocchi recipes is this baked three cheese ricotta gnocchi with tomato sauce that I made a longgggggg time ago (well, what feels like a longgggggg time ago). I wanted to change things up an Indian riff on the dish.
Instead of boiling the gnocchi this time and baking it up in the sauce, I pan-fried the gnocchi to give it a little extra crispiness on the outside. That way I could toss it in a heaping helping of spicy brown butter, because brown butter is eve-ry-thing in life.
Seriously, if you don’t like brown butter, I feel like you are missing out on so much happiness… Please don’t miss out on the happiness… I beg you.
The flavors in the gnocchi dish jump off the plate with a spicy kick. The deep and savory notes of the curry powder folded into the creamy ricotta makes the gnocchi melt in your mouth. When you pair that with a rich brown butter that lingers on your tongue with a touch of acidity and spice…
It’s absolutely irresistible.
Plus ricotta gnocchi is SO much easier to make than potato gnocchi, so really there’s no excuse not to make it.
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino
- 3/4 to 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced serrano peppers
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- To make the gnocchi, combine the ricotta, egg, Parmesan, Pecorino, 3/4 cup flour, curry powder and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Stir until the mixture is well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Flour a clean, flat work surface. Take a large handful of dough and, using your hands, roll it into a long ¾ inch thick log. Use a bench scraper or a sharp knife to cut the log up into ½ inch pieces. Place the cut pieces onto a lightly floured baking sheet. Continue this process until all dough is rolled and cut.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter with the olive oil. When butter is just lightly browned, add gnocchi in a single layer. Fry on one side for 2 minutes, then flip over. Add chiles and lime zest. Fry on the other side for 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with lime zest, serrano peppers and parsley.
Pin this Pan Fried Curry Ricotta Gnocchi in Chile Lime Brown Butter Sauce recipe for later!