Almond Mocha Crescent Cookies + a Le Creuset/Silpat Baking Giveaway!
Almond Mocha Crescent Cookies are one of my favorite holiday cookies that reminds me of childhood. The addition of cocoa powder and espresso really makes these cookies stand out in a sea of treats during the holidays!
I swear this time of year is the most exhilarating and exhausting of all. The events, the parties, the celebrating, the planning for the next year, it all becomes this ball of happiness, excitement and a little panic that the year is ending so soon.
I always end up baking a ton during this time, not only because the holidays are around the corner, but because I try to give myself a little treat in December when I can…
Time to be creative, time to reconnect, time to relax and just be in the moment.
Almond Mocha Crescent Cookies are a treat that I simply can’t resist whipping up on any given holiday weekend. They are rich in flavor while also being light and airy. It’s an amazing cookie to pair with milk, but even better with a cup of cocoa or your morning coffee fix.
They are so good they won’t be sticking around for Santa to gobble up, trust me.
To get even more into the holiday baking season, I brought all that red and bright Christmas cheer into these cookies with Le Creuset and Silpat. The holiday snowflake Silpat is officially the most festive baking tool I own and I LOVE IT. Pair it with a gorgeous red mixing bowl and spatula? Helloooooooo holidays!
I already rely on Le Creuset and Silpat so heavily in my kitchen, it’s these extra holiday touches that make my baking even more special this time of year.
Want to bring this festivity into your own kitchen? I’m giving away this package this week! Check out the giveaway below the recipe…
Happy holidays lovelies!
Giveaway restricted to US participants only.
Almond Mocha Crescent Cookies
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:17 minutes
Total Time:22 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa and espresso powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Once combined, add vanilla extract, almond extract and egg. Beat until combined. Add flour mixture and beat again until combined.
- Shape 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp of dough into 3-inch logs. Make a crescent shape with the dough and add to lined baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. Cool on the pan for 3 minutes before coating with confectioner’s sugar while the cookies are still warm.
Pin this Almond Mocha Crescent Cookies recipe for later!