Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken is quick, easy, and only uses a handful of ingredients! The shredded chicken is tender and juicy, with tons of spicy buffalo flavor. Use it in tacos, sandwiches, salads, and so much more. Serves 4 to 6.
Right now I am in utter exhaustion world…
I don’t know what is happening to me, but I feel like I have been totally drained. It’s mid-day when I am writing this to schedule for tomorrow, and I can barely keep my eyes open over here LOL.
So I am back with an easy peasy recipe that can make your life, whether it’s dinner tonight or meal prep for the week, so much smoother (and tastier).
If you follow me over on Instagram, you might have seen me mention from time to time my love of Instant Pot shredded chicken. I use it throughout the week for lunches and even for dinners like chicken enchiladas, burritos, and rice bowls.
This is a brand new way to make that tasty shredded chicken, with a ton of spicy flavor!
It’s such a simple recipe that yields plenty of delightfully juicy shredded chicken that is tender and has a really good kick to it. It only takes 25 minutes from start to finish, with the Instant Pot doing all of the work for you (minus the shredding of course! If only there were a model of the appliance that could do that…).
You can use it in salads, sandwiches, mac and cheese, sliders, and so on and so forth. The uses of it are totally endless! So let’s dive in and I’ll show you just how to make it.
Other yummy Instant Pot recipes: IP Chipotle Chicken Tacos | IP Tortilla Soup | IP White Cheddar Mac and Cheese | IP Philly Cheesesteaks
this recipe’s must-haves
For the sauce you’ll need a whisk to stir it together before you add it to the insert and then after everything has been cooked down.
here’s how to make Instant Pot buffalo chicken!
Whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and then pour over the chicken in the Instant Pot insert.
Pressure cook on High for 15 minutes, then let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes before you manually release any remaining pressure.
Need some more inspiration for dinner this week? Check out my dinner recipes page!
can I make this in a slow cooker?
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, this recipe can easily be made in a slow cooker! Follow the same directions and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, high for 3 to 4 hours. Then finish off just as the recipe says with shredding the chicken and stirring it back into the sauce.
how can I use this shredded buffalo chicken?
Here are some of my favorite ideas for using this chicken!
Wrap it up in a wrap with some greens
Stuff is in a baked potato (russet or sweet potato!)
On a salad
In a sandwich
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Frank's Red Hot Sauce (12 oz)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot insert.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Frank's Red Hot Sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and pinch of salt.
- Pour hot sauce over chicken. Place cubes of butter on top of the chicken.
- Close the lid and set to Manual. Cook on High pressure for 15 minutes. Naturally release pressure for 5 minutes before manually releasing any remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred with two forks.
- Whisk together the sauce in the bottom of the insert. Add the shredded chicken back to the insert, stirring to coat the chicken well with the sauce.