Hatch Green Chile Mini Chicken Nachos
Spicy, loaded hatch green chile mini chicken nachos are your favorite appetizer/snack turned into bite-sized deliciousness. Juicy chicken is cooked in hatch green chile salsa, then piled high on waffle fries with plenty of vegetables and a hatch salsa queso! The savory, subtle heat will absolutely blow your MIND.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Sprouts. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Cake ‘n Knife!
These little mini chicken nachos bites are everything I love in one single bite.
They are spicy, savory, cheesy, crunchy, and oh-so juicy.
Every aspect is pure perfection and it’s honestly got me SO EXCITED for tailgating season, I can’t even stand it.
Is anyone else out there excited about the upcoming tailgating season?
It’s one of those times of year where I feel like I really get in my cooking groove before the holidays. It’s also an extra excuse to make crazy amounts of my favorite foods!
When it comes to the end of summer, it’s time to make the most of what’s left of hatch green chile season!
That’s where Sprouts comes in to save the day with all of their hatch green chile goodness.
I LOVE hatch green chiles. They are something that we see a lot out here in Colorado, and one of those ingredients that I absolutely love to cook with. However, my shortcut to all that flavor is through Sprouts Hatch Chile Salsas. They have both green and red, boasting all the flavor of hatch green chile but in different ways.
The combination of the two salsas in this recipe are SO DARN GOOD. You get the flavor from the green salsa in the juicy chicken and the flavor from the red salsa in the queso… All of it comes together in a bite that has every element you want out of a nacho.
This Recipe’s Must-Haves
To make the hatch chile chicken, you will need an Instant Pot Ultra or other electronic pressure cooker. Then you’ll need my favorite clongs (aka my fave set of tongs) to remove the chicken so you can shred it up for the nachos.
For the queso, I love this saucepan. It’s so reliable and great quality!
Finally, to bake up the fries, I rely on my trusty half sheet pan and silpat.
How To Make Mini Chicken Nachos
Make hatch green chile chicken
The chicken is so simple to make. All you have to do is throw it along with the Sprouts hatch green chile salsa and chicken broth into an Instant Pot! After that, just cook it up for 15 minutes and shred.
While the chicken is cooking, bake the waffle fries until they are golden brown and crispy.
As everything is cooking together, you can easily prepare the vegetables by chopping them all up. Then stir them all together with some salt and pepper and save them for later!
The queso all comes together in one saucepan. You warm up the milk and the Sprouts hatch chile salsa (the red one) until it’s just short of simmering. Then stir in the cheese and seasoning until the cheese is melted.
Finally, you assemble! Top each waffle fry with shredded chicken, vegetables, and top with a spoonful of salsa queso. Sprinkle with some chopped cilantro if you like and serve those bad boys up!
Quick Tips For Making Mini Chicken Nachos
If you don’t like cilantro, you can use freshly chopped parsley instead.
If you like your food a little more spicy, leave the seeds for the jalapeño instead of removing them!
More bite-sized appetizer recipes: Bite-Sized Baked Bacon Brie Pockets / Avocado Reuben Bites / Bang Bang Shrimp Tostada Bites / Avocado Cream Cheese Turnovers
Pin this Hatch Green Chile Mini Chicken Nachos recipe for later!
Green Chile Chicken
- 1 cup Sprouts Hatch Green Chile Salsa
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Hatch Chile Queso
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Sprouts Hatch Chile Chunky Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 oz frozen waffle fries
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Garnish: freshly chopped cilantro
- To make the chicken, add Sprouts Hatch Green Chile Salsa, chicken broth, and chicken thighs to the insert of an Instant Pot. Set to Manual and cook on High pressure for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, bake the waffle fries on a baking sheet according to package instructions.
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk and salsa to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted. Keep warm over low heat, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve.
- Once the chicken is cook, release pressure. Use two forks to shred the chicken in the Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, stir together red bell pepper, black beans, jalapeno, salt, and pepper for the nachos.
- To assemble, add waffle fries in an even layer on a serving platter. Top with shredded green chile chicken, vegetables,and a spoonful of salsa queso. Sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Note: if you do not have an Instant Pot, you can cook the chicken in a slow cooker. Add salsa, chicken stock and chicken to the insert. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours until cooked through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 98mg Sodium: 680mg Carbohydrates: 26g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 24g