The BEST Hot Chocolate…. EVER
I have been waiting for Christmas since last Christmas was over. Now it is officially the holiday season and I have not been able to stop the celebration. The fact that we are now officially experiencing ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas is a miracle to me. I have about 15 Christmas movies queued in Netflix and Christmas music is the only thing I am listening to.
If there is anyone who could listen to Christmas music 24/7, it’s this girl.
But back to the hot chocolate….
This hot chocolate is just….. so…… FREAKING DELICIOUS. Ugh, I can’t even put it into words. It is the absolute best way to devour chocolate and it takes, like, no effort.
Do you remember the first time you read Polar Express? If you haven’t read this book then I demand you go buy it this instant and read it. And don’t be lazy and skip straight to the movie version. It really isn’t as good as the book.
Anyway, you know the part in the book where it talks about the hot chocolate on the train to the North Pole and how it is the best hot chocolate any child has ever tasted, EVER?
This is that hot chocolate. I swear. It’s essentially chocolate crack.
The BEST Hot Chocolate.... EVER
Yield: Serves 6
Cook Time:1 hour
Total Time:1 hour
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups of dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 cups of milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large crockpot set to high, combine all of the above ingredients. Stir regularly for 40 minutes to 1 hour until chocolate is fully melted and incorporated with other ingredients.