Cheesy BBQ Breakfast Sliders are the epic combination of Head Country Bar-B-Q Hickory Smoke Sauce, breakfast sausage, bacon, cheese, and a gooey runny yolk egg. It’s a mini handheld breakfast plate sandwiched in a toasted roll! Makes 8 sliders.
Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Head Country Bar-B-Q. As always, all opinions are my own.
This weekend I get to celebrate my very first Mother’s Day!
Well we sort of celebrated last year because we had just found out I was pregnant! However, this year feels a bit more real than being a couple months pregnant LOL.
Mother’s Day always makes me think of one thing… brunch.
I’m sure you’ve heard (well, more like read?) me mention that brunch is a big thing on my mom’s side of the family. We used to have brunch every Sunday with whatever family wanted to come, but on holidays like Mother’s Day, everyone showed up.
We’d have a giant table filled to the max with all the breakfast favorites from bacon to sausage to eggs and more.
This year, we are having a little brunch gathering at our home with our parents (yay for the vaccine am I right?!), and I decided I would whip up something that I could actually make for everyone without putting too much pressure on myself.
Enter these cheesy bbq breakfast sliders!
These breakfast sliders have everything that you want from brunch – the runny egg, bacon, sausage, and even CHEESE.
More importantly, it gets a little twist of flavor from some BBQ sauce.
Not just any BBQ sauce though… Head Country Bar-B-Q! You all know that this brand of sauce is always in my kitchen and pantry. There are only a few brands that I am truly passionate about, and Head Country is one of them. It’s two-fold really – the flavor (the most important) is outstanding and there’s actually variety across their line of sauces. Next is, to be frank, the price.
You really can’t beat it and I appreciate the fact that they can make some so high-quality be so reasonable!
For these sliders, I think that Head Country Bar-B-Q Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce is the best one of the bunch to use. It gives you some smoky flavor along with the tang of the sauce! You’ll be licking it off your fingers if you get a little messy 😉
this recipe’s must-haves
Reach for the Head Country Bar-B-Q Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce when you are gathering up your ingredients! You can click the link here to buy online, but I’ve found it at all my local major supermarkets.
To make the recipe itself, you will need a few cooking tools. First you will need a half sheet baking pan and a muffin tin to bake up the sliders and the eggs.
You will also need a silicone brush to brush the buns with butter! It’s the easiest way to do it.
Need some more inspiration for breakfast? Check out my breakfast recipes page!
we’re making yummy cheesy bbq breakfast sliders!
Set broiler to High, then place bun halves on a baking sheet. Brush the roll halves with melted butter, then place under the broiler and toast until browned. This will take about 1 to 2 minutes, but be sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!
Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and crack one egg into each well. Bake at 350˚F for 9 to 10 minutes. The whites should be set but the yolk should still be runny.
Top the bottom halves of the buns with bacon, then sausage, and top with some cheese. Bake in the oven alongside the eggs for about 3 to 4 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
To assemble, top each slider with an egg. Spread 1 Tbsp Head Country Bar-B-Q Hickory Smoke Sauce on each roll top half and place on top. Serve.
can I make these ahead of time?
If you want to get ahead on some of the prep work, you can make the bacon and sausage ahead of time. Since these sliders come together in just 20 minutes, that’s the only prep work to be done (and it can be done the day before if you like!).
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 8 slider rolls, halved
- 8 eggs
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crispy and cut in half
- 8 breakfast sausage patties, cooked and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup Head Country Bar-B-Q Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 4 squares per slice
- Preheat broiler. Add bun halves to a baking sheet cut side up and brush them with melted butter. Place under the broiler and toast until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Crack an egg into each muffin well. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny. To remove the eggs, slide a knife gently around the sides to loosen them. I lift mine out gently with a spoon.
- While the eggs are baking, top the bottom halves of the buns with two bacon halves, a sausage patty, and a square of cheese. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- To assemble, top each slider with an egg. Spread 1 Tbsp Head Country Bar-B-Q Hickory Smoke Sauce on each roll top half and place on top. Serve.