Slow Cooker Spicy Taco Chili
Slow Cooker Spicy Taco Chili is how you get your taco fix in a bowl of warm, spicy comfort! Familiar taco seasoning flavors slow cook with beef and beans, making it an easy meal that you will love to serve up all season long.
October is National Chili Month (and yet another reason for me to LOVE this month, you know aside from all things fall and my birthday…)!
I always relish the moment the weather turns a little cooler in Colorado because it means I can make all of the chili.
A big bowl of chili with a ton of toppings is simply put, my happy place.
That’s why when Sprouts asked me to participate in their #ChooseMyChili challenge, I jumped up and down like a giddy girl.
I’ll take any excuse to serve you up more chili (see: Black Porter Chili and Black Porter Chili Poutine), of course 😉
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, Sprouts is my favorite grocery store to shop in. Sprout’s beef is always the best around because it’s always fresh and never frozen. No matter how much you need, they always offer the same quality as higher end steakhouses, but at a much lower price for juicy, tender and flavorful meat.
Not only do I always find everything I need at great prices, I always find surprising new snacks and other fun things to keep things interesting.
Next time you go, try some of their salt water taffy… IT’S SO FREAKING GOOD.
Another bonus to heading to Sprouts is that they feature the Simply Organic seasoning line. I cook with so many different ground spices and dried herbs every day in my kitchen, so finding a brand that has consistently flavorful spices is oh-so important.
Having a good base chili like this is absolutely necessary to keep you warm all fall and winter long. Just don’t forget all the toppings! The tortilla chips, the sour cream, the sliced jalapeño and the cheese all bring a whole new level of flavors and textures to keep every bite interesting!
It’s essentially the only way to celebrate Taco Tuesday and get a warm bowl of soup all in the same bowl.
Now I have a huuuuuuuuge favor to ask you all… PLEASE go vote for my Slow Cooker Spicy Taco Chili over on Sprouts’ website! Everyone who votes gets a promotional code for a discount on Simply Organic products AND you’ll be entered for a chance to win a HUGE chili bundle to make the most of this month. So CLICK HERE to vote!
This Recipe’s Must Have
I absolutely love having a chef’s knife handy for the perfect knife cuts.
If you want a durable and reliable skillet, I always recommend reaching for a cast iron skillet. You can also pick up a more inexpensive option with this Lodge cast iron skillet to cook down the onions and brown the beef.
The Instant Pot Ultra, of course! It’s so much more than just a pressure cooker; it’s a slow cooker and so much more.
Spicy Taco Chili
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 lb Sprouts Butcher Shop Ground Beef
- 1 16 oz can hot chili beans
- 1 16 oz can Sprouts kidney beans
- 1 16 oz can Sprouts fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 can Sprouts tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Simply Organic chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Simply Organic paprika
- 1/2 tsp Simply Organic cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Simply Organic garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Simply Organic onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Simply Organic dried oregano
- Sliced avocado
- Sour cream
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Sliced jalapeños
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add diced onion and cook until they begin to soften, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add beef and cook until browned, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the chili to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Serve immediately with sliced avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro, tortilla chips and extra sliced jalapeños for added heat!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.