Lavender Honey Ice Cream
Lavender Honey Ice Cream is a smooth, rich and creamy dessert that will have your taste buds doing the happy dance all night long. The subtle hint of lavender paired with the sweet honey is a match made in flavor heaven!
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I will receive a small commission.
So do you remember popcorn week??
Well, we’re back with something even better!
ICE CREAM WEEK! This is the week I’ve been looking forward to for so long…
Because ice cream. ALL the ice cream.
I might have stolen the lavender honey ice cream flavor idea from It’s Complicated…
I wish I could say I am just like Meryl Streep in the movie and make ice cream when I can’t sleep (talk about being productive!). Alas I am not that cool…
Instead I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, wondering why the heck I can’t just drift off to sleep like a normal person.
Or I think about food.
Let’s be real, this is me we’re talking about.
However my staring at the ceiling thinking about food does result in some good ideas… Enter lavender honey ice cream!
Whenever I watch It’s Complicated (which, yes, is a lot), the idea of lavender honey ice cream sounded so delicate and decadent all at once.
The honey flavor is the star of this ice cream, followed by a very subtle lavender scent and flavor that lingers ever-so slightly on your tongue between bites.
I like to call this my “fancy schmancy” ice cream – it’s just begging to be the final course for a dinner party, isn’t it?
You’re going to be swooning over this lavender honey ice cream, not only because of the flavor, but also the texture…
There’s nothing like devouring a bowl full of creamy, dreamy ice cream.
After the first bite, you’ll want to lap up every. single. drop. Trust me.
Especially while watching It’s Complicated and wishing you lived in that house… I mean seriously, THAT HOUSE. It’s already pure perfection but then you add in the fact that she is making it better with an addition for an even BIGGER kitchen?! Good lord, give me that life. Like, now.
Let’s circle back to the topic, shall we?
Ice. Cream. Week.
18 bloggers, 18 recipes, all week long.
See who’s sharing recipes this week and don’t miss the giveaway below!
This Recipe’s Must Haves
- Pure Lavender Extract and Organic Lavender Flowers to make the ice cream and use the pretty flowers as a garnish!
- I love my Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker. It’s so easy to use and it’s easy to clean too.
- This Tovolo Tilt Up Ice Cream Scoop is my new favorite thing. The scoop has little legs on the bottom so you can set it on the counter without worrying about it getting the counter dirty.
Pin this Lavender Honey Ice Cream recipe for later!
I am teaming up with 18 other bloggers (whoa that’s a ton of ice cream, amIright?) this week to share new and exciting ice cream recipes with you! If the 18 ice cream recipes aren’t enough for you, we’re also bringing you a delicious ice cream making giveaway! See below for details about what is up for grabs and how you can enter to win!
Don’t forget to use the hashtag #weekofsundaes on social media this week to keep up with all the amazing recipes! Check out the participating blogs to see all of the ice cream recipes being shared throughout the week:
Ashley at Spoonful of Flavor // Ashley at Cookie Monster Cooking // Madison at Wetherills Say I Do // Erin at The Speckled Palate // Julia at Tag & Tibby // LeAndra at Love & Flour // Molly at Hey There Sunshine // Nick at Macheesmo // Meredith at Meredith Noelle // Heather at Sugar Dish Me // Linda at Brunch with Joy // Katie at Twin Stripe // Erica at Crumby Cupcake // Beth at bethcakes // Meghan at Cake ‘n Knife // Dan at The Food in my Beard // Bethany at Bethany Grow // Cate at Chez CateyLou // Susannah at Feast + West
One lucky winner will get this BIG ice cream making prize pack that’s worth more than $265! See the Rafflecopter below to enter to win this amazing set. The prize pack includes:
- A Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker with double-insulated 2-quart freezer bowl // $165 value
- A Chef’s Choice Waffle Cone Express Ice Cream Cone Maker // $70 value
- Set of four 6-ounce Tovolo Mini Sweet Treats Tubs // $13 value
- A Zeroll Original Ice Cream Scoop // $19.95 value
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 20 additional entries by following the ice cream week contributors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the info as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Monday, Sept. 7, 2015 at 10 a.m. EST. One winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $265. Prizes shown in the graphic are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of Aug. 17, 2015.