Please note this post contains affiliate links.
Spicy Ginger Grilled Chicken Thighs with Avocado Salsa are a juicy, flavorful grilled dish that you can eat so many different ways! Eat the thighs as is with the salsa, shred the meat and make tacos, or make crostini out of the meat with the salsa on top. It is grilled dishes like this that always give you an excuse to celebrate!
I just love recipes that I can use over and over again in new ways, don’t you? When you find a really solid, simple dish like that it makes figuring out weeknight dinners a whole lot easier to come up with.
This grilled chicken thighs recipe is a recipe that you can use over and over again without getting bored with it.
The grilled chicken thighs are flavorful and juicy, so you can be perfectly satisfied with just chowing down on those thighs and the salsa, with perhaps a side of rice and black beans, without wishing you had something more.
But the fun doesn’t end there. You can make this recipe next week and no one will know the difference when you serve the meat up on tacos and top it with the salsa. It also makes a great appetizer when you pile up the meat on toasted bread with the salsa.
Heck you can even make a killer burrito bowl with the meat, rice, black beans, the mango avocado salsa, and some hot sauce.
All I can say is that this recipe is going to become a staple in your home from the moment everyone takes that first bite.
The spicy ginger marinade on the chicken thighs guarantees they will be nice and juicy. The meat is tender and melts in your mouth, so when it pairs with the mango avocado salsa, it explodes with bright and fresh flavors in your mouth. In other words, it’s just oh-so summer.
Happy grilling my friends!
This Recipe’s Must Haves
The one grill I love? My Traeger grill. It’s the best. Pure and simple.
Don’t have a grill? Enter this grill pan!
A chef’s knife and cutting board are a must for all that salsa chopping 🙂
Spicy Ginger Grilled Chicken Thighs with Avocado Salsa
Eat the thighs as is with the salsa, shred the meat and make tacos, or make crostini out of the meat with the salsa on top.
- 8 Bone-In Skin-On Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Agave Nectar
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Fresh Ginger, peeled and sliced, 2 inch piece
- 1/2 cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 Mango, chopped
- 1 Avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeños Jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Minced Fresh Cilantro
- Juice from half a Lime
- Pinch of Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Lime Wedges
- Chopped Cilantro
- In a medium bowl, stir together lime juice, agave, soy sauce, olive oil, cilantro, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large ziplock bag, add chicken thighs. Pour the majority of the marinade in the bag, reserving 1/4 cup separately, and seal. Shake the bag until the chicken is coated.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours, up to overnight.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ingredients for the mango avocado salsa. Set in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to cook, heat up the grill. Grill skin side down, until crispy and brown, approximately 6 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side until cooked through, approximately 5 minutes. Baste occasionally as the thighs cook on both sides.
- Serve immediately with salsa. You can even shred the chicken thigh meat and make tacos out of it!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply