Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies
Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies are gooey, chewy and packed with fall pumpkin flavor! Even though these cookies are incredibly indulgent, they are so easy to make. Celebrate the arrival of harvest season (and satisfy that sweet tooth at the same time!) – pumpkin style!
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Cake ‘n Knife!
The smell of pumpkin will fill your house every time you bake these. It’s just like walking into a house that has been baking pumpkin pies all day.
I feel such a sense of calm when fall rolls around. I bust out the pumpkin and apple scented candles, big blankets, comfy sweaters, boots and mulled wine as soon as I can. It’s all I can do to try to stay out of sweats all day on a regular basis, so I seriously love when fall rolls around because leggings and sweaters are acceptable attire in AND out of the house.
Note: This is a Cake ‘n Knife archive post that has been updated!
Though the weather here in Denver hasn’t gotten cold just yet, I am READY. I am wishing for it, which I know I will pay for come January when we’ve had our 10th snowstorm… But in the meantime I will wish for those perfect fall days and less of this blazing sun/heat thing.
These cookies are going to become your new go-to cookie every September and October from now until forever. All the flavors of a pumpkin pie are stuffed into these adorable little soft cookies, which are then stuffed with gooey caramel and studded with mini chocolate chips.
Every mouthful is bursting with the flavors of fall, bringing my mind rushing back to childhood days spent baking cookies and preparing Halloween costumes.
Just be sure to wait a few minutes before devouring them when they come out of the oven. As I learned with previous caramel stuffed cookies, caramel tends to get quite hot…
I use the term “learned” loosely considering I didn’t remember the lesson until the caramel was already burning my tongue… Yet again.
So worth it.
This Recipe’s Must Haves
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet
- Silpat Premium Silicone Baking Mats
- Good Helper Non-stick 3-Tier Cooling Racks
Pin this Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies recipe for later!
Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies
Yield: 1 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12-15 caramel candies, unwrapped
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat melted butter and sugars until thoroughly combined. Add in the vanilla and pumpkin puree and beat until smooth.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter sugar mixture, beating in between each addition (I divided my flour mixture into two additions) until just combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Cover the dough and chill for at least 30 minutes (up to three days maximum).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Roll approximately 2 to 2 1/2 Tbsp of dough into a ball, then flatten into a disc. Add one caramel candy to the center and wrap the dough around, pressing the edges closed so it is sealed well. Repeat with the rest of the dough until you have approximately one dozen balls of dough. Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes total. The dough will be a bit soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool approximately 5 minutes on the baking sheets before serving. Make sure you serve these warm so you get that ooey-gooey caramel center!