1. I just got back today from an amazing event in Asheville, NC. This was my first time attending Food Blog Forum and I really can’t wait to share the amazing experiences and all the photos I got (even more than the ones I’ve been sharing on Instagram and Twitter, if you can believe it!). I’ll bring you all up to speed in a couple of days, but for now, just know that I am feeling extremely motivated and rejuvenated!
2. I decided to join in on the 100 Happy Days challenge today. After all the stress from the past few weeks, I think a daily reminder to stop and take note of what makes me happy will be the perfect way to get my life back in order. It’s been a bit too chaotic for my taste recently! You should do it with me! If you do, let me know! I’d love to follow your journey through it
3. Song of the Week is Love Runs Out by OneRepublic. I seriously can’t get this song out of my head no matter how hard I try.
4. Some amazing underrated quotes from wonderful actresses.
5. Tomorrow is Ben and I’s 4 year wedding anniversary… Insane, right? It doesn’t feel like our wedding was that long ago in some ways, and at the same time it feels like a decade ago in other ways. I still feel so lucky to have nabbed such a catch.
6. Even though this week has been boatloads of fun, it sure feels great to be home with Ben and the Kya monster.
Fresh figs, all plump and juicy, are one of my secret salad treats. I love the burst of sweetness that floods my taste buds when I bite into them. It’s that fresh sweetness that I have been desperate for in my salads.
I’m not gonna lie, dieting and I are not getting along very well right now. I don’t know if it’s because I am insanely busy and stressed, or if I have no will power (probably the latter), but this time my efforts to get healthy seem to be much more difficult than past attempts. Perhaps it gets harder as you get older? Though working out is feeling amazing and I finally am feeling toned again, avoiding desserts and fried foods is nearly impossible. (more…)
Pizza is a beautiful thing because you can basically throw whatever you want on it and it will turn out oh-so delicious. I have been deep in a Mexican food rut lately – I can’t get enough of those latin flavors to save my life. One of my favorite things about August is that tomatillos are in season right now…
I love the tangy flavor of tomatillos, especially when they are charred. There’s an extra smokey note that sneaks into the avocado-tomatillo salsa. The sauce is the perfect base for the smokey chorizo, ripe tomatoes, zippy onions, and queso fresco. Just imagine a colorful summer fiesta and that’s exactly where this pizza will take your tastebuds! (more…)
I was inspired to make this martini for two reasons. First, this has been an intense week and I am trying to prep everything so I can be ready for Food Blog Forum *squeals*, so exhaustion means one remedy… vodka. Don’t judge. (more…)