Fun fact: I do not like black licorice. However I love fennel.
Using fennel in cocktails is my favorite way to enjoy fennel, even when it’s not in season. The fennel syrup that both flavors and sweetens this cocktail is so addictive. I will simply add it to club soda and enjoy a handcrafted refreshing soda any afternoon. (more…)
1. I swear this month has been bonkers with running from event to event. Thankfully last week I had some time to appreciate the little things that make Colorado so amazing. We narrowly escaped the snow on our hike and soon it’ll be sun, warm weather, and fun at Harry Potter World and Disneyworld! SO unbelievably excited to geek out over every childhood love while also being surrounded by incredible food bloggers at Food Blog Forum!! #dreamscometrue
2. Christina Aguilera’s impression of Britney Spears killed me… And then she did Shakira. And I died again. LOL
3. Song of the Week is 101 by WALLA. It makes me think of summer days and since I’m entering 80 degree weather in Orlando, I am allllllll about this song. Top down, hands up, bring on the sun!
4. This double chocolate pudding with caramelized cocoa nibs… Could some please deliver a vat of this to me immediately?
5. Try out this quiz on the first episode of Friends when you have a second… SO hard. I am surprised I even got 7 right…
P.S. are any of you heading to Food Blog Forum that I don’t already know about?? Let’s meet up please!!!
It’s time to grab those napkins.
I’ve been really into not-so clean, very messy foods lately. I’ve eaten more pizza, barbecue, and anything else you can imagine that leaves your clothes stained with the first bite over the past few weeks than I ever have before. My eating habits tend to reflect my overall stress level and since it’s been on the rise over recently, I am all about the messiest foods I can get my hands on. (more…)
Harvest bread reminds me of home. I might not have grown up with freshly baked loaves of bread made from sprouted grain flour, but in the home of my dreams, buried somewhere deep in Italy or France, harvest bread would be a weekly (ok daily) staple.
Our relationship with bread is so… Real. It’s deep and strong and impossible to deny. (more…)