The month of December is all about family in my corner of the world. Since I have a pretty good amount of Irish blood in me, and Christmas was always the biggest holiday, I thought it would be perfect to get back to my Irish roots for Mastering Global Cooking this month.
Today I am thrilled to introduce to you Caítríona from Wholesome Ireland. She lives in Ireland and shecertainly knows her way around the kitchen as you can tell from her amazing blog! I am so grateful that she took the time to chat with me about food so without further ado, could you tell everyone a bit about yourself and your blog?
I’m a “stuck at home Mom” to 2 small boys & a stepmom to a teen as well. I say stuck at home as it was never in the grand plan for me to be at home, I’d always intended to work while raising children but the recession put paid to that. I started blogging 4 years ago and in 2012, I got my own domain and started from scratch with Wholesome Ireland. The blog is about how I feed my family on a tight budget and the parenting rollercoaster. Truth be told, I just wear my heart on my sleeve. (more…)
1. Oh yes, my puppy loves to ring in the holidays!
2. If you haven’t noticed, I kind of love Instagram. Well someone decided to one up everyone and make the most incredible stop-motion film out of 852 Instagram photos. It’s so good, I can’t even handle the genius.
3. These photos are simply amazing. Have I told you how much I love Audrey Hepburn? She is stunning. If I could look like that while cooking, that would be a dream come true.
4. Holidays and snow give birth to some of the most gorgeous snowflake photos I have ever seen in my life. I think I am officially in love with all macro photography now.
5. This is AMAZING. I want to know this couple and be their best friends. Pretty please?
6. Now it’s your turn!! Share links below and tell me all about your Thanksgiving feast!!
Well I couldn’t send you off to Thanksgiving with a cocktail, could I?
This is the perfect cocktail to bring out right when you are finishing cooking your turkey tomorrow. It’s got just the right amount of sweet and tangy flavor to get your taste buds ready for the feast ahead. (more…)
I am spending this week preparing for the massive amounts of food I will be devouring on Thanksgiving. That being said, I am also preparing for the food coma I will be in on Friday.
What better way to arm myself than with an amazing sandwich that will help me relive the glory of the previous day’s Thanksgiving feast? (more…)