1. This past weekend I celebrated my 28th (eek!) birthday and I was completely floored by the outpouring of love from everyone in my life. From cupcakes to cookie presses, the best steak I’ve ever eaten to cookbooks I’ve been dying over, phone calls from family and texts from incredible friends, my heart and soul were overflowing by the end of it all. You all make me feel incredibly lucky!!
2. Song of the Week is Flashed Junk Mind by Milky Chance. I have a weird obsession with Milky Chance right now, most likely because their music has an instant calming effect on me. Which I reallllllllllly need. Really really.
3. I really love this post from Joy the Baker about running out of ideas. Totally one of my top 10 fears.
4. Gah this completely and totally stresses me out every time I watch it… When will it explode?!?!
5. Halloween is just around the corner!! I can’t wait for CANDY!! Also these cookies and this drink. Oh and these cakes too (so cute!).
6. Because we all need a laugh this week!
It’s Tuesday, which means we got through Monday, which also means it’s time for a stiff drink. Right?
I am all about caramel apples this time of year. Usually my mother-in-law will surprise me with one or two from the store and I’ll indulge in them right away. It’s healthy since it’s fruit!! (more…)
Back when Ben used to work in downtown Denver, I would come home everyday hoping for a surprise treat. There is this sandwich shop he would go to once and awhile that made every cereal treat you could possibly imagine. From Rice Krispies to Cocoa Puffs to Cinnamon Toast Crunch, I would be over the moon when he’d tell me he was bringing one home for me.
Now that he is no longer working downtown, I have been without my cereal treat fix for waaaaaay too long. (more…)
1. There’s nothing like the smell of fresh picked herbs…. So in love with these surprise bunches of rosemary, thyme, sage, and parsley I received yesterday! What should I make with them?
2. I love everything about these animal family portraits.
3. Song of the Week is The Bomb by Pigeon John. This song reminds me of tearing down the mountain and getting the crap scared out of me as I watch the newest Warren Miller movie. Have the lifts opened yet?!
4. The one thing I miss about the Midwest is apple picking every September/October. My mom and I used to go every year and it was always SO much fun. This list captures everything I love about it, especially #11 - oh to be young with a bushel of apples again…
5. This boy can DANCE. Gah, it’s too much. I’m dying.
6. It’s getting colder off and on here in Denver! I am ready to make SOUP – like this one, and this one, and this one… Tis the season, right?!
7. I keep seeing #WinterIsComing on all the snowboarding pages I follow and every time I feel a punch in my heart, reminding me I still have months to wait before the next season of Game of Thrones… Pleeeeeeeeeeeease come back sooner!! I really can’t find a show to replace it – Dexter is over (wah!) and no way is Vampire Diaries filling the void (though that’s not stopped me from binge-watching on Netflix…). Do I dare invest in the Walking Dead…? Weigh in anytime, folks.