1. I am SO SLOW right now – I can’t get through all the pictures from Food Blog Forum and I can barely keep up with anything right now. I had to at least share this photo with you because OMG is that mocha stout amazing with that dark chocolate covered sea salt caramel… GAH.
3. I need to find one of these dog pool parties and bring Kya! I don’t know if she would love it or if she would completely freak out and run away…
4. I have only watched the first two episodes of True Blood season 7… I know, I am a terrible viewer. I am not too excited about the first two episodes and I am terrified of the final season completely letting me down… Has anyone watched all the way through? Is there hope for a good resolution to all the insanity?
Summer is quickly ending and I am doing everything in my power to cling onto these final sunny days.
When I was in Copper Mountain over the summer, I tried this melon margarita and it has been stuck in my head ever since. I literally dream about the crisp and cool refreshingly sweet taste.
I decided to make mine a frozen version, partially because it’s been fairly hot in Denver and partially because I love any excuse to make a blended cocktail. For some reason, blended drinks take me right to the beaches of Mexico where I would happily indulge in multiple Pina Coladas and soak up the sun (by soak up the sun, I mean with a heavy layer of sunscreen since my pale skin burns in 2 seconds flat).
This margarita has just the right amount of sweetness that keeps me coming back for more, but doesn’t make me feel like I am drinking frozen sugar. The cantaloupe makes everything light and bright – I would literally dive into this glass if I could!
Now I am still swimming in photos from Food Blog Forum, but I will have a recap up soon and you’ll love my brand new cocktail inspired by Asheville!
1. I just got back today from an amazing event in Asheville, NC. This was my first time attending Food Blog Forum and I really can’t wait to share the amazing experiences and all the photos I got (even more than the ones I’ve been sharing on Instagram and Twitter, if you can believe it!). I’ll bring you all up to speed in a couple of days, but for now, just know that I am feeling extremely motivated and rejuvenated!
2. I decided to join in on the 100 Happy Days challenge today. After all the stress from the past few weeks, I think a daily reminder to stop and take note of what makes me happy will be the perfect way to get my life back in order. It’s been a bit too chaotic for my taste recently! You should do it with me! If you do, let me know! I’d love to follow your journey through it
5. Tomorrow is Ben and I’s 4 year wedding anniversary… Insane, right? It doesn’t feel like our wedding was that long ago in some ways, and at the same time it feels like a decade ago in other ways. I still feel so lucky to have nabbed such a catch.
6. Even though this week has been boatloads of fun, it sure feels great to be home with Ben and the Kya monster.