These Thanksgiving Leftovers Tostadas are a new favorite way to enjoy my favorite Thanksgiving foods after the holiday is over. All the stuffing, cranberry sauce, turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy you could want in every single crispy bite!
Every single year I end up making some sort of recipe with Thanksgiving leftovers, like these sandwiches and these egg rolls. Is it bad that part of me looks forward to the leftovers more than eating all that deliciousness on Thanksgiving?
You know, the day after Thanksgiving, I avoid all shopping. I spend the day curled up on the couch or in bed, being as lazy as possible, watching movies and indulging in leftovers. It’s kind of the perfect day… Really it’s become a tradition so I have to keep finding new ways to enjoy my leftovers every year!
Transforming Thanksgiving leftovers into a carefully layered pile on top of an oh-so crispy fried tortilla is just…. perfection. The crunchiness of the fried tortilla with all those classic Thanksgiving flavors is just the right extra ingredient to bring to the party. It makes the leftovers taste THAT much better.
No seriously. It does.
Thanksgiving really snuck up on me this year, you guys. I am having a hard time accepting that it’s happening this week! Perhaps it’s because this is the first year I’m not doing intense cooking and prep… I thought I’d be thankful for the break and getting to kick back and just enjoy this holiday, but now I feel anxious and off.
Ridiculous right? I need to just cool it and remember that these tostadas are coming (again) into my life soon!
Now I need you to distract me! And we all know, food is the best distraction for a girl like me. What are you looking forward to cooking (or eating) most on Thanksgiving?
This Recipe’s Must Haves
- Shun Classic 8-Inch Chef’s Knife
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover
Thanksgiving Leftovers Tostadas
Yield: Serves 2
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 corn tortillas
- Frying oil
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 8-10 oz sliced turkey, cut into small pieces, any size is good
- 1 cup stuffing
- 1/3 cup gravy
- In a small skillet, add canola oil until about 1 inch deep. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot and shimmering, fry corn tortillas one at a time, until golden brown, approximately 1-2 minutes per side. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate to drain and sprinkle with salt. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Reheat the mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey and gravy in the microwave or oven.
- To build your tostadas, slather the crispy corn tortilla with a thick layer of mashed potatoes. Then top with cranberry sauce, sliced turkey, stuffing and drizzle over the gravy. Serve immediately.