I had to name this the Mahalo Burger.
Every bite I took had me saying (come on, let’s be real, it was more like groaning) THANK YOU. The mix of all these gorgeous ingredients is the epitome of a tropical epic burger.
Aren’t you so glad I started featuring epic burgers now that summer is here? ;)
Generally my ridiculous burger ideas stem from me not making up my mind about what to cram on top of my burger. This one started with guacamole, but then I wanted sweet, grilled pineapple. Then of course I needed some teriyaki sauce, greens, and yea. There you have it.
I swear if I ever get pregnant, I am going to have the most ridiculous cravings. I already have strange cravings on every random Wednesday, so imagine this times 1,000 and oh boy. Hopefully someone will appreciate the midnight pickle and ice cream runs I inevitably will send them on in the future…
But back to this burger… Doesn’t it just ooooooooze amazingness?
I could easily eat my weight in guacamole. For the rest of my life.
Sorry I just had a flashback to my first bite of this gorgeous thing. Yep. SO good.
Yield: 2 burgers
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
Total Time:25 minutes
- 2/3 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp flour
- 2 thick hamburger rolls, cut in half
- 1 avocado
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Juice from half a lime
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 pineapple rings
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and cut in half
- Teriyaki sauce
- Baby arugula
- In a small bowl, combine the ground beef, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and flour. Form two 1/3 lb patties and grill until you reach your desired temperature (I usually shoot for at least medium rare or medium).
- While the burgers are cooking, make the guacamole. Smash the avocado into a smooth paste in a medium bowl. Add cayenne, garlic powder, and lime juice. Stir until everything is incorporated evenly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When your burgers are almost done cooking, butter the cut sides of the hamburger rolls and toast on the grill (approximately 2-3 minutes). Also add your pineapple rings to the grill and cook for approximately 1 minute on each side. Remove toasted rolls, burger patties, and pineapple rings from the grill.
- To assemble your burgers, add a patty to each bottom half of a roll. Add a generous scoop of guacamole. Top each with 2 bacon slices, a grilled pineapple ring, teriyaki sauce, and baby arugula. Finish with the top half of each roll. Then get messy and devour that burger!